We take our wool from a Bulgarian mill, where the raw wool has been washed with Foryl-LN, a biodegradable and free of APEO washing agent, produced by Pulcra Chemicals GmbH and approved by Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) – Version 4.0.
Our wool has not been bleached, carbonized or dyed. It is granted authorization according to Oeko-Tex Standard 100 for meeting the human-ecological requirements of the standard precisely established for baby products.
Sheep Wool is a natural fiber and it has a complex physio-chemical structure, which cannot be artificially manufactured. It has a natural crimp which gives it bounce, body, and soft support characteristics. Due to these specifics it has many benefits listed below:
- Environmentally Sustainable – Wool is hard to challenge for its sustainability (sheep are not intensively reared). It grows as hair sheep, occurs naturally and is renewable i.e it quickly grows back. At the end of its life, wool is bio-degradable in soil, releasing important nutrients. However, if you invest in a decent wool blanket or mattress, you will never throw it away and it will last for generations if you take proper care for it.
- Hypoallergenic – Dust Mites thrive in the warm, moist environment where you sleep each night. Whether you have a down pillow or comforter or bedding made of synthetic materials, dust mites are the major cause of allergy and asthma suffering. Since wool is hypoallergenic and resistant to dust mites, wool bedding makes a wonderful alternative to feathers and synthetics.
- Fire Resistant – Wool is naturally flame retardant without added chemicals that are commonly used in other bedding materials. That’s why fire fighters wear wool uniforms and natural bedding manufacturers use wool in their products to meet fire codes.
- Regulates Temperature – You can wear wool from the coldest temperatures up to 80+ degrees and be comfortable. Wool keeps cool in the summer and warm in the winter. Wool is all-weather shield!
- Water Repellent – Wool fiber has water-repellent outer layer that surrounds each hollow fiber, overlapping like shingles on a roof. While fiber’s core absorbs up to one third of its weight in moisture vapor without becoming damp, the hard outer layer protects against outside liquid moisture. This results in water being repelled, but humidity absorbed, and that helps with thermal regulation. Wool keeps outside moisture away from the skin and also wicks away perspiration, thus keeping the body warm and dry. This is why wool bedding is perfect for hot sleepers.
- Ultralight Insulator – Wool is an excellent insulator and has one of the highest insulation to weight ratios of any natural or man-made fiber. Insulating air spaces forms in wool that is worn next to skin and they help to retain body heat.
- Mildew Resistant – Wool fibers have a natural water wicking property that prevents moisture from being retained in the fabric. Besides keeping the skin dry, this quality also naturally inhibits mildew. Wool also has natural anti-microbial properties because bacteria tend to be attracted to smooth positively charged surfaces like those of synthetic fibres rather than the scaly, neutrally charged surface of the wool fibre. Hospital studies have shown that bacterial colonies are common in cotton sheets while not present on Merino blankets subjected to the same environmental conditions.
- Diminishes Body Odor – Most synthetic fibers actually increase body odor because they create a breeding ground for bacteria. Wool’s unique structure means that it won’t allow the build-up of body odors so you can keep wearing those same socks for days on end.
- Durable – Its durability and strength comes from the fact that the fibres can be bent back on themselves 20,000 times before breaking (to put this into context cotton breaks after 3,200 bends and rayon fibres only last 75 times!)
Our lambswool fabric is soft, elastic, and slippery. The wool comes from South America and the fabric is made in Bulgaria. Lambswool is the soft wool obtained from lambs the very first time they are sheared and is the highest quality of sheep’s wool to be found. Taken when the lambs are around six or seven months old when the staples are 50 mm or shorter, the diameter is finer and the wool requires minimal processing. Lambswool fabric has the full range of great properties described above as it is in essence a wool fibre. The difference is that lambswool is smoother, stronger and hold more elasticity than other sheep wool, which makes it superior when it comes to manufacturing baby products. Lambswool fabric is also slightly thinner and lighter in color than wool fabric. It’s considered the more luxurious of the two.
The sheep wool fabric is made from Bulgarian and imported wool. It is not treated with bleach, dyes, or any other chemical. It has all the great qualities natural wool can offer such as being environmentally sustainable, promoting peaceful sleep, breathability, wicking moisture away from the body, regulating body temperature, being hypoallergenic, dust mite and mildew resistant. Compared to lambswool fabric it is slightly darker in color and thicker. It is perfect for creating bigger items such as mattresses and seating cushions.
Our 49% / 51% flax/cotton blend fabric is made in Bulgaria. The flax is imported from France. The fabric is not processed with any chemicals and coatings. This is why it is NOT wrinkle free, stain resistant, etc. It is non-washable and should be kept away from direct sunlight. The higher the linen percentage, the more durable the fabric is and the easier to keep clean, since linen is highly dirt repellent.
Our mulberry silk fabrics are made in Bulgaria. The silkworms have been grown in Bulgaria and fed with mulberry leaves only.
Natural silk fiber is among the most noble and the finest of the natural fibers. The fabric has elegant soft luster. It is soft, smooth, not slippery. It is 100% natural, no coatings, no dyes, no chemical finishes and finishing.
Silk is a natural deterrent to dust mites, mold, and fungi – all things that can border allergy suffers and people who suffer from asthma.
Essential amino acids found in silk are said to be good for a human skin, hair, and nervous system. Sleeping on silk sheets is supposed to delay wrinkling of the skin. The same amino acids are supposed to be calming which is good for a person’s nervous system as being calm allows a person’s body to refresh and rejuvenate itself more easily during sleep.
Our Linen(Flax) Fabrics are made in Lithuania and are granted authorization according to Oeko-Tex Standard 100. Linen bedding is widely considered to be luxurious. Linen has a rich history that dates back to ancient Egypt. Once a symbol of light and purity, it makes soft and light fabrics of exceptional strength, ideal for bedding and coverings that let our bodies breathe. Linen bedding is twice as durable as cotton bedding and can last the decades, so it is a very wise investment. It is environmentally friendly – all the flax used to make linen is used in other ways.
Linen fabric has a light massaging effect as there are tiny breaks in the fabric that stimulate blood flow and promote relaxation. It has an antibacterial quality – can suppress bacteria, fungi and micro flora. This makes the fabric perfect for people with allergies.
Linen has high air permeability and heat conductivity properties – that means, it is a breathable fabric – makes you warm in the winter and keeps cool in the summer.
Linen can absorb as much as 20% of its weight in moisture before feeling wet… thus, always having a pleasant, fresh, cool feeling when touched or slept on. It is anti-static and can even help soften and preserve the skin due to its natural pH balance.
Linen resists stains like no other fabric, so it is very easy to maintain the fabric clean. Linen is by far our most durable fabric, so it is one of the preferred fabrics for adult mattresses.
Natural linen delicately displays the natural weave and texture of the fabric. It’s natural color ranges between shades of ivory, ecru, tan, or grey. The grayish or brown tone of this linen gives authentic look to every décor.
The 62% flax/38% cotton blend fabric is made in Lithuania and is granted authorization according to Oeko-Tex Standard 100. The structure of the fabric is burlap-like, but it is not itchy and does not have the smell of jute burlap. It is 100% natural, no coatings, no dyes, no chemical finishes and finishing. This blend is a great fabric for warm weather as it keeps you cool. It is very suitable upholstery and covering of larger cushions and adult mattresses. The higher the linen percentage, the more durable the fabric is and the easier to keep clean, since linen is highly dirt repellent.
The 59% flax/ 41% cotton blend fabric is made in Lithuania and it is granted authorization according to Oeko-Tex Standard 100. The fabric is thinner and breathable and is perfect for smaller items such as pillows, pillow cases and baby items.
Our unbleached lightweight cotton fabric is made in Turkey. Light and naturally hypoallergenic, this cotton fabric is very versatile and it is perfect for inner casings.
All our products are made from materials as pure as possible and should be suitable for multiple chemical sensitivity sufferers or those who have allergies.
The origin of the raw materials is very important to our team. This, in fact, comprises the main point of our work – to create something perfectly natural. Without compromise!