Perfect for DIY Decoration, Arts & crafts, Upholstery, Insulation
100% Wool Batting, Oeko-Tex Certified
Customize for pricing
Want to customize anything? Get a free quote.
Split your payment with 0% interest. Apply here
We can cut any length you need, please contact us to tell us what you need.
1) 250 gr./sq. m (7.4 oz / sq. yard)
Thickness: 0.9 cm (1/3″)
Width: 225 cm (88″)
2) 500 gr./sq. m (14.8 oz / sq. yard)
Thickness: 1.8 cm (2/3″)
Width: 225 cm (88″)
3) 750 gr./sq. m (22 oz / sq. yard)
Thickness: 2.5 cm (1″)
Width: 225 cm (88″)
*Weight can vary slightly between the different batches.
The wool is not treated with any chemicals.
It has only been washed with Foryl-LN, a biodegradable and free of APEO washing agent, produced by Pulcra Chemicals GmbH and approved by Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) – Version 4.0
Wool is superior to all other fibers in its ability to handle body moisture in both warm and cool environments. The porosity of the cells in the outer layers of wool fiber allows them to quickly and efficiently absorb and evaporate moisture. In fact, the fibers can absorb up to 30% of their own weight in moisture — ten times as much as any synthetic fiber — without feeling damp or clammy. The porous structure also explains why wool is such a good thermal insulator, not to mention the mesh of the fibers, which creates millions of air pockets that further help to regulate temperature and humidity.
Wool is a naturally strong fiber. It can bend back on itself 20,000 times without breaking. Compare this to cotton at 3,200 times. Due to its unique chemical structure and natural moisture content, wool is naturally fire-resistant. And despite its natural moisture content, wool’s dry, porous nature repels mildew and dust mites.
We carefully choose our wool and it is as pure as possible without chemicals, dyes, polymers, or toxins and should be suitable for multiple chemical sensitivity sufferers or those who have allergies.
Wool is a natural fiber and it is:
- Environmentally Sustainable
- Hypoallergenic – Dust mites don’t like wool. They prefer hot humid environments that are more common in synthetic or down products. Dust mites are the major cause of allergy and asthma suffering.
- Fire Resistant – That’s why firefighters wear wool uniforms and natural bedding manufacturers use wool in their products to meet fire codes.
- Regulates Temperature – You can wear wool from the coldest temperatures up to 80+ degrees and be comfortable.
- Water Repellent
- Ultralight Insulator – Wool is an excellent insulator and has one of the highest insulation to weight ratios of any natural or man-made fiber.
- Mildew Resistant – Wool fibers have a natural water-wicking property that prevents moisture from being retained in the fabric. Besides keeping the skin dry, this quality also naturally inhibits mildew. Wool also has natural anti-microbial properties because bacteria tend to be attracted to smooth positively charged surfaces like those of synthetic fibres rather than the scaly, neutrally charged surface of the wool fiber. Hospital studies have shown that bacterial colonies are common in cotton sheets while not present on Merino blankets subjected to the same environmental conditions.
- Diminishes Body Odor – Most synthetic fibers actually increase body odor because they create a breeding ground for bacteria.
Read more here.
Wool batting is machine washable on a wool program with detergent for wool.
1 kg = 2.2 pounds
1 pound = 0.45 kg
Thank you for choosing The Home Of Wool!
Eco-Tip: Replace your polyester pillow inserts with padding from natural fibers.
• Why choose wool?
• Why other people love it so much
• Make time & Rush options
• Our Free Worldwide Delivery
• Other shipping options
• Tracking your package
• Returns & Refunds
Ohhh my goodness, this is hands down the best wool I’ve ever handled! It shipped incredibly fast, too, especially considering the delays from COVID, and there weren’t any issues with it when it arrived. The wool is so, so soft, and it feels just wonderful in my hands. Cannot wait to turn this into a cozy quilt coat! Everyone who helped me with my order was also very kind and helpful. I’ll definitely be a repeat customer when I need more wool in the future. Thank you so much!
super high quality material. i only ordered samples, but am impressed with the product.
Very happy with my purchase! The product is qualitative and arrived pretty quickly with a kind note 🙂 Many thanks!