All of our products are made of only All-natural, Sustainable, Renewable, Biodegradable, Recyclable materials, in a Chemical & Scent Free Facility, and are FREE of Flame retardants, Dyes, Synthetics, Plastics, Vinyl, Finishes, Carbonized wool, VOCs, etc. Also, our Wool, most of our Fabrics and even our zippers, are Oeko-Tex certified in the strictest category, for an added peace of mind. Oeko-Tex is one of the world’s oldest safety standards, similar to GOTS and more popular in Europe. It guarantees the certified materials are free of all harmful chemicals.
CUSTOMIZE EVERY DETAIL
Send us a message to request size, shape, thickness, design, edges, piping, rounded corners, ties, seams, tufting, zippers, colors, materials, fabric or even use your own fabric.
We’ll respond with a quote within 24 hours.
Include any inspiration photos and a description of what you need, plus dimensions.
There is no customization charge, price is based only on size and materials.
Order a mattress sample here. We’ll refund the price of 1 sample per customer, whenever you purchase your first mattress from us.
ABOUT THE PRODUCT
Due to the size and weight limitations on international packages, we make larger mattresses in two pieces.
This listing is for 2x mattresses placed side-by-side.
This setup also allows you to have 2 separate beds when you need to when you have guests for example.
And you can more easily transport them because each piece is half the weight of a regular queen mattress.
Upon request, we can put zippers along the middle edge where the mattresses meet so they can zip them together and it truly creates a single piece.
Wool mattresses have no hard elements inside so this setup doesn’t compromise comfort. If your bed has no boards to surround the mattresses and press them together We recommend a zip cover to enclose both pieces and keep them tightly together, this way they will truly work as one. And at the same time, you will have a washable cover that protects them from dirt and wear
A topper will also help make a unified surface, and add to the thickness.
- Each piece can be used as an individual bed, if you have guests for example.
- 2 handles on each long side for easy flipping and moving.
- Motion isolation – wool stops the transfer of motion of one partner to the other.
- Wool bowls on tufts, for durability.
- Durable metal zippers on all 4 sides of the mattress so you can easily adjust the wool. add or remove wool if necessary. We can also offer plastic zippers upon request.
- Handmade and hand-tufted with natural linen thread.
- We include a complimentary mending kit with every mattress purchase.
- Ships rolled up in 2 cylinders measuring about 20″ diameter x 38″ tall.
- Tufting goes through the entire item to hold the wool inside in place.
- Wool regulates your body temperature unlike any other material.
- Keeps you cool in the summer & warm in the winter.
- Regulates body moisture, especially beneficial to people who sweat.
- Naturally flame-resistant, making it the only material not required, by law, to be treated with flame retardants. Increased fire safety in your home.
- Naturally dust mite resistant.
- Naturally anti-microbial and anti-bacterial.
- Helps you avoid chemicals that may be harmful even if ‘declared as safe’.
- Reduces exposure to VOCs in your home – wool has no off-gassing and zero VOCs.
- Suitable for people with MCS and other chemical sensitivities.
- Biodegradable, sustainable, renewable material.
All of our fabrics are natural and highly breathable to allow you to enjoy the full benefits of the wool inside.
* According to research conducted by The University of Sydney, wool mattresses are scientifically proven to promote peaceful sleep.
- QUEEN – 60 x 80 x 7” (152 x 203 x 18 cm) – SIZE of each piece: 30 x 80 x 7” (76 x 203 x 18 cm) – WOOL FILL per piece: 16.7 kg (36.7 lbs)
- KING – 76 x 80 x 7″ (193 x 203 x 18 cm) – SIZE of each piece: 38 x 80 x 7” (96.5 x 203 x 18 cm) – WOOL FILL per piece: 46.4 pounds (21 kg)
- CALIFORNIA KING – 72 x 84 x 7″ (183 x 213 x 18 cm) – SIZE of each piece: 36 x 84 x 7” (91 x 213 x 18 cm) – WOOL FILL per piece: 46.2 pounds (20.9 kg)
FABRIC (TICKING) OPTIONS (You can click on the links below to see more details about each fabric):
- Without a connecting zipper
- With a connecting zipper (See photos. It helps keep both pieces zipped up together)
- piped edges – not available together with the connecting zipper
- mini piping
- no piping
We make products that are built to last from high-quality materials. Though to enjoy using them for as long as possible, there are a few best practices that should be followed – find them here.
*These are handmade items. Please, allow some deviation in dimensions. Any deviation in dimensions less than 5% is considered acceptable.
*All wool-filled items are subject to some degree of compression. However, we stuff items densely with wool so they come thicker than advertised and over the first months of use compress down to about their advertised thickness.
*Wool fibers are in various natural colors and have the natural odor of sheep, which will be gone in a couple of months.
Thank you for choosing Home of Wool!