About our Zero Waste mission
We use the larger remaining pieces from cuts to create affordably priced items. We simply stitch a few pieces in neat parallel lines to form each surface. Since the pieces are leftovers from other cuts, we have decided to not charge for the fabric, allowing us to reduce the price of the items made from fabric pieces, thus adding a more affordable option for our customers. Read more here.
*The Zero Waste Mission promotion is subject to availability.
Be the first to know when our most wanted Zero Waste Mission items are available by subscribing to our newsletter
- Advanced technology
- Stitches between the pieces are made with double seams for durability
- 2 handles on each long side for easy flipping and moving
- Optional elastic straps to secure to your mattress
- Motion isolation – wool stops the transfer of motion of one partner to the other
- Wool bowls on tufts, for durability
- Durable metal zippers on all 4 sides so you can easily adjust the wool. add or remove wool if necessary. We can also offer plastic zippers upon request.
- Handmade and hand-tufted with natural linen thread.
- We ship it rolled up in a cylinder measuring about 15 inches diameter x 39 to 59 inches tall.
- Wool regulates your body temperature unlike any other material, so you won’t feel too hot or too cold, allowing you to sleep longer and better.
- Keeps you cool in the summer & warm in the winter.
- Regulates body moisture, especially beneficial to people who sweat during the night.
- Promotes healthy posture during sleep through the unique way the springy wool fibers support the bodyweight.
- Isolates motion transfer, for uninterrupted sleep.
- Naturally flame-resistant, making it the only material not required, by law, to be treated with flame retardants. Increased fire safety in your home.
- Naturally dust mite resistant.
- Naturally anti-microbial and anti-bacterial.
- Helps you avoid chemicals that may be harmful even if ‘declared as safe’.
- Reduces exposure to VOCs in your home – wool has no off-gassing and zero VOCs.
- Suitable for people with MCS and other chemical sensitivities.
- Biodegradable, sustainable, renewable material.
All of our fabrics are natural and highly breathable to allow you to enjoy the full benefits of the wool inside.
2-3″ (5-7 cm)
We make products that are built to last from high-quality materials. Though to enjoy using them for as long as possible, there are a few best practices that should be followed – find them here.
*These are handmade items. Please, allow some deviation in dimensions. Any deviation in dimensions less than 5% is considered acceptable.
*All wool-filled items are subject to some degree of compression. However, we stuff items densely with wool so they come thicker than advertised, and over the first months of use compress down to about their advertised thickness.
*Wool fibers are in various natural colors and have the natural odor of sheep, which will be gone in a couple of months.
*Tufting goes through the whole item to keep the filling in place.
• Why choose wool?
• Why other people love it so much
• Make time & Rush options
• Our Free Worldwide Delivery
• Other shipping options
• Tracking your package
• Returns & Refunds
Thank you for your time!
Eva G. –
Very satisfied with my mattress topper and the oeko-tex certified wool that I purchased. I got outstanding customer service from Kris who thoroughly answered all my wool and wool-product-related questions and concerns. Prompt delivery, no hidden costs and product was very well packed.
Katie P. –
I was so excited when I got the Subscribers’ Alert and could finally catch the Zero Waste production option. I think that there is nothing more beautiful than what is made with great care – for the planet but also for the people who will use it. The topper is super comfortable and I am grateful to the people who handcrafted it! Thank you, Home of Wool! <3
The process of buying a custom four inch topper from this shop was wonderful. We dithered about ordering from abroad for quite sometime.( wool? or linen?) I asked question after question and each time Mimi and her team were beyond kind. Then I delayed order due to husband’s brain aneurysm. When he recovered I asked MANY more questions. I chose a four inch linen full size topper. There were delivery issues on the part of USPS but the seller understood and remedied completely. I could NEVER have found a linen topper in the states let alone one made with such stunning workmanship! Exquisite linen, gorgeous hand tufting and so much wool! I could sleep on floor with this comfortably. Best thing we have ever bought. I expect this to last many years, but when I want another I will be sure to order it here. Thank you! A+++!?