- IKEA SNIGLAR – 160 x 70 x 15 cm (63 x 27.5 x 6″) – FILLING: 9.4 kg (20.7 lbs) 100% Pure new Oeko-Tex certified wool
- SINGLE XL – 90 x 210 x 18 cm ( 35″ x 83″ x 7″ ) – FILLING: 19.4 kg (42.8 lbs) 100% Pure new Oeko-Tex certified wool
- TWIN – 100 x 190 x 18 cm ( 39″ x 75″ x 7″ ) – FILLING: 19.4 kg (43 lbs) 100% Pure new Oeko-Tex certified wool
- FULL/ DOUBLE – 140 x 190 x 18 cm ( 55″ x 75″ x 7″ ) – FILLING: 57 pounds (25.5 kg) 100% Pure new Oeko-Tex certified wool
- US QUEEN – 152 x 203 x 15 cm ( 60″ x 80″ x 6″ ) – FILLING: 57 pounds (25.5 kg) 100% Pure new Oeko-Tex certified wool
- EUROPEAN QUEEN – 160 x 200 x 13 cm ( 63″ x 79″ x 5″ ) – FILLING: 55.5 pounds (25 kg) 100% Pure new Oeko-Tex certified wool
COVER (TICKING) OPTIONS:
1.PLAIN 100% (FLAX) LINEN
2. BLUE STRIPED 100% (FLAX) LINEN
3. RED STRIPED 100% (FLAX) LINEN
4. BLACK STRIPED 100% (FLAX) LINEN
5. 62% (FLAX) LINEN and 38% COTTON
6. 49% (FLAX) LINEN and 51% COTTON
7. 100% UNBLEACHED COTTON
8. 100% WOOL
When choosing the fabric, you can click on the links to find more information about each or read here.
All of our fabrics are 100% natural and thus offer high moisture absorption and breathability. They are all soft to the touch but not overly soft as fabrics that have been chemically treated.
- with piped edges (piped edges keep the mattress more structured)
● without piped edges
Handmade and hand tufted with linen thread.
BENEFITS OF NATURAL WOOL-FILLED MATRESES:
- Made from all natural materials
- Healthy and safe to sleep on
- Dust mite, mold and mildew resistant
- Wool is naturally fire resistant which allows us to craft mattresses that have not been subjected to toxic flame retardants
- Perfect for hot sleepers
- Recommended for allergy and asthma sufferers
- Suitable for people with chemical sensitivities
- Wool keeps outside moisture away from the skin and wicks away perspiration, thus keeping the body warm and dry.
- Provide motion isolation
- Customizable firmness
We realize that it is difficult to describe how a wool mattress feels and give advice, because comfort is a matter of personal preference, but we can say wool mattresses are softer during the first couple months of use while the wool compresses. After that they could be described as mid-firm to firm. You do not sink deep into the mattress. Still, wool mattresses could not be compared to any other type of mattress because of the unique way wool fibers support our body weight. Wool mattresses give you a completely new experience of comfort and are unique in how they regulate your body temperature. And you really start to sleep tighter and longer.
Wool mattresses perform best on solid flat surfaces. Best would be a perforated hardboard base, because it allows the bottom part of the mattress to air. But you can use it directly on the floor as well, just note that in that case you will need to rotate more frequently so the bottom side will be able to air out. Slatted frames are also a good base as long as they have less than 2″ distance between the slats so the mattress will not sag in the openings. Slatted frames allow the bottom side to air so you can rotate the mattress les frequently.
We place zippers on all 4 sides of the mattress – long ones along each short side and short ones in the middles of the long sides. Please, let us know if you need a different solution.
We include a long needle and a thread with every mattress purchase. If after a few years (approximately 10) you feel that the mattress needs to be refilled, you may return it to our shop or simply do it by yourselves – it is easier than sewing a button.
Wool mattresses weigh less than latex or spring mattresses. We send them rolled up in a cylinder measuring about 24″ diameter x 39″ tall.
Note: Wool mattresses should last you 20, 30 or even more years depending on how you care for them. When you receive the mattress, the wool will still be freshly carded so it will come a bit thicker than advertised, and in the first months of use the wool will settle and the mattress will end up at about the advertised thickness. During that time, you will need to flip and rotate the mattress weekly (or more often if you can) head to toe and top to bottom – this will ensure wool compresses evenly. After the first 2-3 months, we advise to flip it once monthly. And finally – once a year, on a sunny day, allow the mattress to air out in the sun – sun has a natural cleaning ability.
BENEFITS OF WOOL
Our wool has not been bleached, carbonized or dyed. It is granted authorization according to Oeko-Tex Standard 100 for meeting the human-ecological requirements of the standard precisely established for baby products.
Sheep Wool is a natural fiber and it has a complex physio-chemical structure, which cannot be artificially manufactured. It has a natural crimp which gives it bounce, body, and soft support characteristics. Due to these specifics it has many benefits listed below:
- Environmentally Sustainable
- Fire Resistant
- Regulates Body Temperature
- Water Repellent
- Ultralight Insulator
- Mildew Resistant
- Dust mite resistant
- Diminishes Body Odor
- Promotes peaceful sleep
Read more here.
If we don’t have in our shop what you’re looking for, please contact us. We can customize fabric, size, shape and thickness (height) upon request.
We are so glad you stopped by our store!
Thank you for your time!